Adding download field in content type. Its really useful to upload downloable file(txt, pdf, zip etc.) and user can download files from content page. You can add in Article, Basic Pages, Blog or any custom content
- Log into the Drupal 7 admin dashboard.
- Navigate to the content types page (Administer > Structure > Content types).
- On the Content types page, find the content type you want to work with and click on the Manage Fields link.
- Find the section labeled Add new field and enter a label name and The Field type must be set to File.
- Go back to add content page and try to create or edit content. You can see download field.